Lenox furnace did not restart.

Old 10-26-07, 05:32 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lenox furnace did not restart.

Hi everyone;

My Lenox furnace did not restart by itself if temperature in the house drop down below the set point (70F). I had to swicth Off and On on the control panel to get them start.
Please help and tell me what I should do next?

Thank you in advance,

Lelenguyen

Old 10-26-07, 06:37 AM
D
Originally Posted by lelenguyen
Hi everyone;

My Lenox furnace did not restart by itself if temperature in the house drop down below the set point (70F). I had to swicth Off and On on the control panel to get them start.
Please help and tell me what I should do next?

Thank you in advance,

Lelenguyen
Look inside the furnace and see if there is a board with an LED light. They are configured to flash a failure code when the furnace malfunctions. 1 blink means this, 2 lbinks means that and so on. There should be a label pasted somewhere [look on the inside of the covers] which deciphers the blinking codes.

Old 10-26-07, 06:51 AM
L
Originally Posted by daddyjohn
Look inside the furnace and see if there is a board with an LED light. They are configured to flash a failure code when the furnace malfunctions. 1 blink means this, 2 lbinks means that and so on. There should be a label pasted somewhere [look on the inside of the covers] which deciphers the blinking codes.
There was a board with a LED light as you said. When should I look on the blink? (when the furnace running or when the furnace in malfunction stage? Can I reset the error code by myself? How?
Please help!

Old 10-26-07, 06:13 PM
D
Originally Posted by lelenguyen
There was a board with a LED light as you said. When should I look on the blink? (when the furnace running or when the furnace in malfunction stage? Can I reset the error code by myself? How?
Please help!

you check the blinking after the malfunction stage. To reset- simply shut off the power, wait a couple minutes, and power back up. count the blinks and check it against the label which is either on the ignition module or inside the blower compartment door.

Old 10-26-07, 07:00 PM
M
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Per chance is it a Johnson module (blue color) or is it a board

Old 10-29-07, 04:06 AM
L
Angry

Originally Posted by daddyjohn
you check the blinking after the malfunction stage. To reset- simply shut off the power, wait a couple minutes, and power back up. count the blinks and check it against the label which is either on the ignition module or inside the blower compartment door.
Thank you for help DaddyJohn and Mbk3,

It's seen like my furnace just happen at night time. All day long the heat was running without any problem. It was auto start-up when temp drop 2 degree below set point.
At midnight the furnace was ignite and won't strart the flame. It just tic...tic...tic... and stop. About 10 minutes later, it start again and just tic...tic...tic...and stop. If I switch off and on on the control panel, the furnace will start and work right away. I thought it may not the error code problem(?) because it worked perfectly all day long.

Please help if you can tell me what I should do next?

PS: To Mbk2, the LED light was in the board

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: