Which programmable t-stat

Old 10-30-07, 11:04 AM
Which programmable t-stat

I want to get a programmable t-stat. Something that is easy to program & is reliable, mid range price. Should I get this at homedepot, Lowes, Granigers, or where??
I check the wires there are 5 (w,y,g,r,blue) the blue is not hooked up to the stat.
This is the info. on the furnace Lavergne M# NUGI 100DH03, S# L911966722. I might be getting a new furnace in a year or 2.
THANKS

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-07, 12:21 PM
By wire colors, I presume you have single stage heating and A/C. If you're going to go big box, I prefer Honeywell. Hunter and Rite Temp, in my opinion, allow too wide a temp swing. From a supply house, Honeywell or White Rodgers are decent picks.

Old 11-02-07, 06:38 PM
The Honeywell from Home Depot don't allow the temp swing as you will find on Lux or RiteTemp.

The Honeywell t-stat you from retails don't have a lot of options, and not to too bad to program.

I'd look into the Honeywell VisonPro (TH8320). It can be found online.

They allow to do alot of choices of what type of equipment you tie it to.

Also, the VP is REALLY easy to program. My parents in the past never bother to program the t-stat cause it was hard, and was always on HOLD. I updated it to the VP, and now mom is able to program it!

Nice thing about the VP like I said earlier about able to match it to type of equipment, you can set it up to a single stage you got now, and then when you do get a new furnace and can match it to a two stage furnace down the road.