New Furnace, 4 zones, Now Thermostats...

Old 11-16-07, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question New Furnace, 4 zones, Now Thermostats...

I just had an oil to gas conversion on forced hot water heater with Taco pumps and Taco zone controller (updated from 3 zones to 4 zones). I would like to have the 4 thermostats be controlled from a single point (preferably a computer!) as my old thermostats require manually changing day and night temperatures while my new ones require excrutiating programming of every day and hour of the day. It is difficult to know on any given day what to expect out of each zone!

I would like to have 4 temperature sensors (not thermostats), and 1 location to control the temperature settings by time of day (for all 4 locations). Is this possible? Any recommendation of brands/models to look at?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-07, 10:12 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Possible? Of course it's possible. How many thousands do you want to spend?

I would recommend that you install 7-day programmable thermostats (the same make and model) at all locations. While I agree that initial programming is often a bit confusing, after the first one you will know how to do the other three.

If you really want to go with remote sensors and a computer-controlled system (and I strongly recommend that you don't) then check out the home automation sites on the Internet. Just Google home automation for a start.

Old 11-16-07, 11:45 PM
sensors/tstat

they do make tstats which you can install a sensor in your space and put the tstat say next to your bed. You would need to rewire everything. Best bet program what you have. Honeywell stat would be a Vision Pro 8000
Good luck
madcad

Old 11-17-07, 06:11 PM
Thanks

Thanks. I'll just use separate programmable thermostats. I checked online and the expense of a single controller clearly outweighs the convenience!