amana forced air elec iginition diag light not lit

Old 11-29-07, 07:26 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
amana forced air elec iginition diag light not lit

Thanks for taken the time to read this. I have an amana gas forced air electronic ignition. I replaced computer about 3 yrs ago. furnace has been working fine ever since. last night I realized we had no heat. As I was looking for the reason as to why I noticed that the diagnostic light on the board was not lit. thermostat clicks on furnace comes on but does not ignite. the blower will come on if you turn it on manually. If needed I can get the numbers off the unit if necessary but It seems to me that either the computer is bad again or it is not getting juice for some reason..Guess I need to know if there is a way to test or should I just go get another board..thanks again tom

Old 11-29-07, 09:21 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by thomas999
Thanks for taken the time to read this. I have an amana gas forced air electronic ignition. I replaced computer about 3 yrs ago. furnace has been working fine ever since. last night I realized we had no heat. As I was looking for the reason as to why I noticed that the diagnostic light on the board was not lit. thermostat clicks on furnace comes on but does not ignite. the blower will come on if you turn it on manually. If needed I can get the numbers off the unit if necessary but It seems to me that either the computer is bad again or it is not getting juice for some reason..Guess I need to know if there is a way to test or should I just go get another board..thanks again tom
I would look for a fuse on the board. Sounds like everything works manually but the board (brain) is not powering up. You should at least get a diagnostic code (blinking lite) if the board powers up. Also check the door panel safety switch! Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: