? About adding gas furnace to existing AC

Old 11-20-07, 08:36 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
? About adding gas furnace to existing AC

I want to add a gas furnace to my home that already has a central AC airhandler/a-coil installed. I have no problem with the electric connections, venting set-up, or gas supply line hook-ups. My problem is figuring out how to get it setup in conjuction with the AC Return air and Supply air ductwork. The AC air handler has return air coming in the lower back side, and supply air flowing out the top into the plenum. My question is how or where to connect in. Do I just set it beside the AC air handler setup, and tap into the current ducting and use dampeners to direct air flow between summer and winter, or should it be installed underneath the a-coil/plenum already there in a typical upflow configuration using the new furnace blower to move air for both purposes(seasons) and eliminate the blower that is currently there for the air handler?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-07, 11:38 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Prsrizdgt View Post
I want to add a gas furnace to my home that already has a central AC airhandler/a-coil installed. I have no problem with the electric connections, venting set-up, or gas supply line hook-ups. My problem is figuring out how to get it setup in conjuction with the AC Return air and Supply air ductwork. The AC air handler has return air coming in the lower back side, and supply air flowing out the top into the plenum. My question is how or where to connect in. Do I just set it beside the AC air handler setup, and tap into the current ducting and use dampeners to direct air flow between summer and winter, or should it be installed underneath the a-coil/plenum already there in a typical upflow configuration using the new furnace blower to move air for both purposes(seasons) and eliminate the blower that is currently there for the air handler?
if you have the height , sit the new furnace on a new r/a box. you will have to install a new bigger plenum so to put your a/c coil in.