"Cozy" Brand floor furnace, burner not lighting

Old 11-22-07, 09:11 AM
"Cozy" Brand floor furnace, burner not lighting

Floor furnace worked last year. This year I lit the pilot and it stays on, but is not enveloping the "Millivolt generator" like directions say it should. Do not remember if pilot light enveloped generator last year. Burner will not light unless I hold a flame on the generator by wireing a bunch of matches on the end of the match Lighting rod and stick it against the generator and the burner comes on. But it will only run a few minutes then cut off before reaching the thermostat set temperature. When the burner is on the tip of the generator is in the burner flame so you would think that it is getting enough heat to generate millivolts to keep the gas valve open. When the burner goes off I can not just try and re-light it again using the same method. I have to wait until everything "Cools" down before I try it again. I am going to temporarily go around the Wall thermostat and the thermo disk and see if the burner stays lit. If it does not then I think I either have a Millivolt Generator problem / gas valve problem. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-07, 11:17 AM
Hi fifty:

You need to remove the pilot burner and thoroughly clean it. Clean the inside where the gas goes as well. Be careful not to lose the little orifice inside the burner and when you clean the orifice, don't enlargen the hole. What usually happens is the gas orifice gets obstructed with carbon and/or the air passageways on the outside of the pilot burner get dirty. I don't believe you have an issue with the wall thermostat or the thermo disc. Let us know how you make out.