How much should it cost?

Old 12-06-07, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How much should it cost?

I want to replace my existing Bryant gas furnace and A/C. It's 20 years old and it breaks down once or twice per year.

After my latest repair, I asked the repair contractor to give me a quote on a new system. He proposed a 114,000 BTU Trane XV95 a Trane 4-ton XL19i with a new inside coil. The installed price was $12,420. There's no duct work to be done and he wasn't going to replace the thermostats (I have a zoned system.)

I know that no one could estimate the price without seeing the job, and Trane has a good reputation, but does this sound reasonable? I'm going to get more quotes. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea of what this equipment should cost with installation.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-07, 03:34 PM
Have you gotten a response yet?

Good evening,

I am looking at the same system but haven't gotten a price at all yet. I'm currently looking on the internet to see what it maybe. I was thinking of going Baxi boiler with radiant heat but someone told me it was way overkill and to much money.

Originally Posted by nfisherman View Post
I want to replace my existing Bryant gas furnace and A/C. It's 20 years old and it breaks down once or twice per year.

After my latest repair, I asked the repair contractor to give me a quote on a new system. He proposed a 114,000 BTU Trane XV95 a Trane 4-ton XL19i with a new inside coil. The installed price was $12,420. There's no duct work to be done and he wasn't going to replace the thermostats (I have a zoned system.)

I know that no one could estimate the price without seeing the job, and Trane has a good reputation, but does this sound reasonable? I'm going to get more quotes. I'm just trying to get a ballpark idea of what this equipment should cost with installation.

Old 12-11-07, 03:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It sounds about right for The Hamptons, Beverly Hills, or Palm Beach, Florida. Hopefully others weigh in on this. -considering no ductwork.

Old 12-11-07, 07:04 PM
I've had one PM response. It provided a quote for a similar system, but it confirmed that my quote was too high. I'm currently considering a Rheem 95% furnace with a 14 SEER A/C. That quote is about %7K installed. That sounds much better to me. The system doesn't have as many bells and whistles as the Trane system, but I don't think the payback with the Trane system justifies the extra cost.