Remote Outdoor Sensor - Honeywell VisionPro IAQ Tstat

Old 12-09-07, 12:39 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remote Outdoor Sensor - Honeywell VisionPro IAQ Tstat

I have a Lennox system with Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostats. Each thermostat has an EIM (Equipment Interface Module). I want to add outdoor sensor (Honeywell part #C7089U1006). The Lennox dealer wants $700 to add this which sounded exorbitant to me. The outdoor sensor is available for around $30 and the EIM has 2 terminals (OUT1 and OUT2) for the outdoor sensor. The EIMs are mounted on the inside of an exterior wall that does not get direct sunlight.

Is there anything more to this than drilling a hole in the wall, mounting the sensor on the outside wall with the mounting clips, running the wire through the new hole in the wall, connecting the 2 wires to the OUT1 and OUT2 terminals and sealing the hole?

It seems like this is something that I could do myself in well less than an hour. Am I missing something or is that all that there is to it? Thanks

Old 12-09-07, 01:16 PM
Is this the unit you have?

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1700.pdf

If not you might be able to find it off this site. But if it is like the one I found Yes it seems to be that easy...

http://www.airconnectweb.com/links.php#

Old 12-09-07, 07:49 PM
$700!?!?!?! WOW!

Someone must be doing the math wrong on their end!

Yes, it's very easy! just mount it outside, run the wire in, and if you don't reach the EIM, then use the 18-2 t-stat wire to reach to it.. Don't matter what side is on OUT1 and OUT2.

What are you plan on using this for?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: