About to pull my hair out

Old 12-13-07, 07:25 PM
About to pull my hair out

I have a ruud sillhoute heat pump system. Model number ugdg-07eamgr. I live in oklahoma and it has been cold here for the last few weeks. When i set the tstat to call for heat the aux lights comes on and the heat pump runs. However the gas back up on this system does not. The inducer motor comes on. Then about 30 seconds later the ignitor comes on. The burner lights but only stays on for maybe 5 seconds. Then about 30 seconds later it goes through the same cycle. I have already replaced the flame sensor. But to no avail. Same cycle when I set it to emer heat. My tstat is a ruud lr69071. When I switch it the fan from auto to on nothing happens. The fan runs under cool or heat on auto but will not on on. What could be causing this.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-07, 08:10 PM
Most Rheem/Ruud have a remote sensor. That's the one you repalced? It sounds like the module is not recognizing the flame rectification circuit. The only way to know if the circuit is functioning/malfunctioning or the module is faulty is to read the microamps on that circuit. You'll need a digital multimeter that will read small amperages. Wire the meter leads in series with the wire from the flame sensor that goes to the ignition module. Start the furnace and take a reading when the burners fire. Depending on the module you're looking for 1 to 5 microamps.

Did the fan run at the ON setting before?

Old 12-14-07, 05:28 AM
I will do that when I get home tonight and let you know what it reads. And no I dont believe the fan has ever ran on the on setting. (just bought this house 3months ago)