Modulating Thermostat

Old 12-15-07, 08:33 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 5 Upvotes on 4 Posts
Modulating Thermostat

1. What is reason a modulating thermostat will not work with zone heating?

2. Is a Honeywell VisionPRO 8000 Touchscreen Programmable a modulating thermostat?

Thanks,
Jerry

Old 12-15-07, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I don't know the Rheem/Ruud that well, but I've read that you need termal for the t-stat to tell the furnace to mod. Zone boards don't have it, and you will have to stage the system instead of Mod.

The VisionPro is not a Mod t-stat, it's 2 stage heating.

Old 12-15-07, 02:11 PM
J
Originally Posted by Jay11J
I don't know the Rheem/Ruud that well, but I've read that you need termal for the t-stat to tell the furnace to mod. Zone boards don't have it, and you will have to stage the system instead of Mod.

The VisionPro is not a Mod t-stat, it's 2 stage heating.
Thanks for the return. I realize your last sentence probably answers this, but I want to ask it a different way. If you did not have zoning, and you used a VisionPro thermostat on a modulating furnace, your statement tells me the furnace would only operate in a two-stage mode and would not modulate. Is that true?

Old 12-15-07, 02:48 PM
Right, the VisionPro will only do two stage of heat, You need a matching Mod stat for a mod furnace to get the fulll effect of the modulating system..

Are you looking at the Mod? Zone?

Old 12-15-07, 02:59 PM
J
Right, the VisionPro will only do two stage of heat, You need a matching Mod stat for a mod furnace to get the fulll effect of the modulating system..

Are you looking at the Mod? Zone?
Yes, both. However, you had answered most of my questions on modulatiing and zone heating in an earlier post.

Old 12-15-07, 03:11 PM
If you want a TRUE mod set up, then go with the Rheem Mod with a matching Mod t-stat.. No zone at all.

If you want zone, then go with a two stage system with a matching Honeywell Controls.. Don't waste the money on the Mod furnace.

Old 03-26-10, 09:08 PM
R
Four Zone Modulating Furnace Interface Board

Untill now it could NOT be zoned without loosing the ability to modulate... Well GUESS WHAT?? I have created an interface between the zone boards and the thermostats to handel the "V" signal to the furnace... 2 1/2 years of my life have been devoted to this board not to mention thousands of dollars and the first boards have come off the assembly line and are ready to go, my patent has been completed... I have 30 years experience in the HVAC field and hold degrees in computers and electronics. Not to sound like a commercial but, call RAN Diversified Technologies at 209-323-4436 for info and ordering, if no answer then leave a message. Price is set below retail at $399.00 with free shipping (retail will be set at $529.00). 1 year guarantee free from defects. Install and configuration instructions included with a cell number for technical support upon purchase. Any questions call the listed number... This is going to be great for the Modulating Furnace and it's application. Beer 4U2

Old 09-21-10, 06:11 PM
R
Zoning the Rheem/Ruud Mod Furn

If you want a TRUE mod set up, then go with the Rheem Mod with a matching Mod t-stat.. No zone at all.

If you want zone, then go with a two stage system with a matching Honeywell Controls.. Don't waste the money on the Mod furnace.
YES YOU CAN ZONE THE MOD FURNACE WITHOUT LOOSING THE MODULATING CAPABILITY...

Sorry for the caps but I am gettin frustrated in everybody saying you can not zone and maintain modulation...

I have the board that does it....

RAN DIversified Technologies (www.randivtech.com)

Check it out, operation guaranteed..

RDrennan
Beer 4U2

Last edited by RDrennan; 09-21-10 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-21-10, 06:14 PM
R

Apearantly you have NO idea the cost savings of modulation...

Old 09-21-10, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by RDrennan
Apearantly you have NO idea the cost savings of modulation...
Whoa... Hold on here..

This post is 3 years old, and at the time, there was no way to mod with a zoned system. That post was back then, why would a customer spend X amount of dollars on a Mod system and was being crippled at the time with a two stage stat, where at the time would of been better off with the two stage system. I was not talking about cost of running it.

Thread closed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: