coleman natural gas furnace

Old 12-15-07, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
coleman natural gas furnace

i have a mobile home with coleman natural gas furance about 4 years old and it has an automatic ignition on it.i turn it on and follow directions but it wont light up.my gas is on.the power is on,the fan will work but the furnace wont light up.can you advise? randy from lexington n.c.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-07, 11:20 AM
Is there an LED liight on the ignition module? Is is flashing a code? Look for the low voltage R and W terminals in the furnace and see what happens when you jumper them.

Old 12-15-07, 05:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Mobile Home Furnace

Most mobile home furnaces use hot surface ignition. When there is a call for heat from the thermostat, a small fan starts. In aprox 15-30 seconds, you should see a glow when you look thru the flame observation port. Do you see this glow? Do you ever hear the gas valve click?

Old 12-16-07, 04:04 PM
mobile headaches...

coleman has gone to power venting on the 90% and what they call a vent assist on the 80% furnaces... in either case if the ventor/assist isnt running.. the furnace won't start.. do you hear a motor start up upon a call for heat?? also there should be some kinda little red light on the unit either on the control board for a 90%er or in the box that has the on off switch on it for the 80%ers.... there will be a clear plastic cover on the far right side usually.. hope this helps some,,