Miller furnace problem

Old 12-16-07, 10:49 AM
Miller furnace problem

I just bought a house with a 1996 Miller MMHA-070ABHR-05 furnace.The furnace starts,inducer fan runs and the burner comes on,but as soon as the blower kicks on it runs for 10 to 15 seconds then shuts down.It continues to cycle this way.Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-07, 12:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
First make sure do to some kind of heat sensitivity, that the stat is stopping calling for heat. If it is, there is your porblem.

If not that, and it is still calling for heat, but goes out after blower comes on,-Try removing the flame sensor and polishing it up with steel wool or scotchbrite pad. Many furnaces have this one lone thin wire (not a spark plug-like wire!) that heads in toward the burner, that is for the flame sensor. You can usually see where it connects to a metal mounting plate that is secured to the furnace with one screw.

Other furnaces employ a similar method, but use either a sensing rod (that can also be polished) that is part of an electronic spark assembly located in the burner; or may use the metal of the pilot assembly itself to sense flame (in pilot ignition systems); or may even use a hot surface ignitor to sense the flame (in absense of a seperate flame sensor as I described at first).

If you have further questions, we'll answer.

Let's hope that it something as simple, and not a bad heat exchanger where blower motor air is interfering with the flame.

Last edited by ecman51; 12-16-07 at 12:06 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 12-16-07, 05:34 PM
I cycled it thru again and noticed a spark at one of the connections on black box that has the LED on it.After cleaning the connection,problem solved!Thanks again for your suggestions.

Old 10-17-08, 06:06 AM
miller furnace model# mima 070a-aw

i am having problems with my furnace and i have no manuel for it. when the furnace is on it just puches out cold air through the vents. the landlord wont do any thing. i have a 7 year old and a 19 month old living with myself and my husband. it getting cold out and i have no heat at all. somebody please help. the model # is M1MA 070A-AW

Last edited by butterfly7982; 10-17-08 at 06:07 AM. Reason: missed up the model # in the title
Old 10-17-08, 04:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Who pays for the fuel? You or the landlord? The reason I ask is that say you do, and you did not pay the fuel bill, and they came out and shut you off.

IF that is not it and you know by looking say if a gas meter were still in the on position, outside - that if you really have a furnace problem, by law, the landlord must keep it in working order.

If the landlord pays for the heat he must provide at least 67 or 68 degree heat (at least that is how it is here). But usually in cases where the landlord pays for the heat, they will put a lock box on the thermostat, so tenants cannot crank it up to 80. And if the tenant wants it toasty, then it is up to them to run electric space heater(s) if the landlord is not nice enough to turn up the heat more.