Carrier 58MSA Code 2-1 Gas Heating Lockout

Old 12-19-07, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier 58MSA Code 2-1 Gas Heating Lockout

5 year old carrier - experiencing code 2-1 "Gas Heating Lockout - control will not autoreset. Check for mis wired gas valve and defective control (valve relay)". I had the limit switch replaced last year because of dirty/clogged filter.

Furnace will start - provide heat until temperature is reached - yet will not come back on - blower will work yet no heat. Only solution is to turn power off and then back on...works sometimes but not always. Is there a process to isolate (or clean) the problem and replace the faulty part required. Thank you for your help. John

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-07, 07:18 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
31 people viewed your problem and not even ONE took a stab at it! I feel for you. The thing is this, upon 'rebooting' the brain everything checks ok and it works fine, but once the system gets satisfied (and heated up) and the temp drops and re-calls for heat the system fails.

Have you checked out the safety circuit at all for a loose connection or faulty roll-out sensor? When things heat up they expand and things move around a tiny little bit and strange things can happen! Also, have you checked all connections to make sure that they are tight. I know what you are thinking--that the trouble code doesn't reflect what I am asking. Check the connections at the valve too! Take every connection off and re-install it to make sure! When you have loose connections to the brain (control module) or to sensors strange things happen once they heat up.

Just taking a stab at it since you haven't got anybody responding yet. Maybe this will start the ball rolling. (hehehehehe)

Good luck,

Charlie