Gas heater

Reply

  #1  
Old 12-23-07, 03:18 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas heater

I have a gas heater at my apartment, that uses Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) / Propane (not sure?).

At first when I lit up the heater there was a strong smell of gas, then my nostrils got used to it and it didn't bother me anymore.

My bedroom is ventilated, but am I risking suffocation or doing some health hazard by having a gas heater lit on near the bed?
 
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12-23-07, 07:29 AM
Grady's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Delaware, The First State
Posts: 13,936
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Gas Smell

By all means get someone in there to look at that heater NOW.
Don't use it until it's checked out.
 
  #3  
Old 12-23-07, 06:42 PM
SeattlePioneer's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 5,503
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Grady View Post
By all means get someone in there to look at that heater NOW.
Don't use it until it's checked out.


Grady is right. You aren't going to die of carbon monoxide poisoning because of a propane leak. Being blown up in an explosion is a real possibility!


Propane is heavier than air, and can accumulate in basements, crawl spaces, behind walls and such until it reaches an explosive level. If it finds an ignition source ---BOOM!


This is no joke. leave the equipment off until it's been inspected by a competent repairman ---it's not a DIY job. Contact your propane supplier for help.
 
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: