Gas Heater Problem

Old 12-25-07, 10:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Heater Problem

i have a Gas Rheem Heater, and the problem is that my heat dont work but my blower does. and im know that there is nothing wrong with my thermostat.

P.S. Where is the manual reset button?

Thanks....

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-07, 11:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Rheem

On most furnaces there are manual reset switches above the burners. If you furnace blows down (fan on top) there could be another manual reset in the blower cabinet.

Old 12-26-07, 01:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
It would be nice to help us by taking off the big cover where the burner compartment is, and tell us when you turn up the stat, what the furance tries to do, and what type of ignitor your furnace has.

Turn off the furnace if there is a shut off switch on the side of it. Then turn up the stat. Then go back to the furnace and turn it on (this procedure will even reset the furnace if it currently not working and is locked out)and start counting seconds.

If the furnace does NOT come on, make sure the furnace has power. Then make sure that there are no small switches in front of or above the burner or on the draft fan housing, that have a little pin-like reset button in the middle of them that you can push in and hear and feel it click (if one does, then that switch tripped earlier and you need to tell us where that resettable switch was located at in relation to other things on the furnace).

If you can get the furnace to start up at all: How many seconds till the draft motor comes on? How many more seconds til the pilot or sparker or glow ignitor comes on? Then how much longer til you hear (or feel by resting your fingertips on...) a click in the gas valve to come on to make the burner flame?

If the burner DOES ever come on, how long does it last before it shuts off again (while the stat is turned up several degrees during testing)? If it lasts for 5 minutes without shutting down you can go ahead and lower the stat to desired house temp.