Rheem RGFD Furnace LED 66

Old 12-27-07, 09:50 AM
Rheem RGFD Furnace LED 66

I have a Rheem RGFD modulating furnace and it is displaying a flashing 66 LED code. If I read the owner’s manual correctly, I think it’s saying that this is a “blower operating over RPM limits” code, with many different possible causes/solutions. I’m having problems with my installer, in fact I can’t as of yet even get him out to look at it. On the phone he said, “oh, that means it’s 66% burn” – whatever the heck that means. I think he’s trying to say that since this is a multi-stage furnace, that it’s operating at 66% capacity, but I don’t think that’s what the LED is saying. I guess I’m looking for advice in two areas – first, anyone have experience with this type of furnace and that type of code, and second, what should I do about this installer? The unit is still under warranty. Thanks very much for any ideas.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-07, 10:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Generally speaking, a person offering a guarantee has a reasonable amount of time to respond after being notified of a problem. After that you can hire someone else to do the repairs and sue the person who should have done them for the cost.

I'd start by making records of the date and times you request service and follow that up with a letter by certified mail asking for service.

If you have heat, perhaps waiting a week or two for a response is reasonable.

If you have no heat and it's cold, a few days, especially if you get no answer scheduling service.

I'm no lawyer. That is my understanding as a now retired contractor of how contract law applies to guarantees.

Old 01-02-08, 05:32 PM
SeattlePioneer - thank you for your post! It has given me some good ideas on approaching this thing properly should I need to "escalate". I appreciate you taking the time!