Coleman Evcon furnace

Old 01-19-08, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Coleman Evcon furnace

I have a 10 year old Coleman furnace thats in a double wide. I had been haveing problems with it for years now. The service tecks From the dealer I bought it from Cant make it run for more than three weeks at a time.At the begaining of the season I replace the Transformer,flame sensor,sys. controller and fuel nozzle. I set the electrodes. 1/8" in front of the nozzle face. 7/16" above center of nozzle with a 1/8" gap between them. When it kicks on now it flutters. There is no smoke coming from it. I need to set nozzle depth and air flo. Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-08, 08:32 AM
If your unit has an AFG burner by Beckett, try this:

http://colemanac.com/dealers/ProductPage.asp?id=147&t=r

scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the "Burner Instruction Manual" PDF file (the one above the last one listed)

The doc below may shed some light too:

Old 01-19-08, 04:47 PM
Coleman burner

My furnace has a wayne Burner assembly in it. And I did not see anything for burner inst. manual on this page. As you can tell I am not the best on a computor.

Old 01-19-08, 04:54 PM
What's the Model Number of that Wayne burner?

Old 01-19-08, 05:02 PM
model #

The model # is MSR-C

Old 01-19-08, 06:08 PM
burner adjustments - Wayne

Here are pics that will help you set up the nozzle, retention head and electrodes in their proper places. They apply to your burner.

For the electrodes and nozzle:

For the depth of the nozzle face with regards to the retention head (you need to get their Gun Setting Gauge):

As for the air flo, you need a Combustion Efficiency Test Kit. You have to play with the adjustment of the outer-air-band until you get about 12% CO2 with "0" smoke.

Old 01-20-08, 09:19 AM
Burner info

Thanks very much for the info. Ill get back with you in a few days and let you know how it turns out. I need to get a sr gun setting gauge first.

Old 01-22-08, 05:01 PM
Wayne burner

I bought a turn up kit for the burner assy. Installed and set. I backed the air off alittle from what it was set from factory. It seems to run real well,no smoke at all.I learned alot about this furnace. So once again THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Old 12-14-08, 01:24 AM
I have a Coleman furnace that seems to be the same or similar to what is described in this thread. I was hoping that pflor or someone could post the photos that pflor posted before, since apparently the images have been deleted by photo bucket.

I have an oil furnace that often doesnt light and often takes a few resets to start. I read that repeatedly resetting can be dangerous because it can load up the furnace with oil; not wanting to damage the furnace or start a fire (and because resetting it is inconvenient) I thought I should try to fix it. I was told that the most likely cause of this is a clogged fuel oil nozzle. Since its probably fairly cheap and fairly simple I thought I would give it a try. I thought I would also replace the fuel filter while Im at it.

I have worked on gas furnaces before, but never on oil furnace.

It looks like I need to remove the fuel line and electric and pull the pump and the motor out as an assembly to get to the nozzle. It looks like just pulling the fuel line, electrical connection, and removing a few bolts and screws and the whole pump, motor and nozzle should pull out as an assembly? Is it about 30 to 40 lbs? (I suspect I will have to bleed the air out of the fuel line afterwords)

If there is any additional questions or suggestions or information; please feel free to shoot.

As near as I can tell it is a Coleman; there is no name tag; however the parts and the specifications and model number and such seem to be a Coleman.

This is the specifications and information on the tags from my furnace.

Model number
COAS066BDB
Serial number
BTU input
66,000 19.3
Oil fire burner part number
4066-386
Oil burner model
MSR-C
GPH
PSI
Nozzle GPH US (Hollow core)
50-80

ULC25646
UL573125

Wayne high speed flame oil burner
MSRC
Firing range
.50-2.75

1/7 horsepower
120V 5.5A 3450 RPM CWCPE

This seems to be the manual
http://www.mhrv.com/mhac/coat.pdf

Old 11-12-11, 11:46 AM
This is an old thread but ... I have another post in queue about how in changing my thermostat, I killed the central system. I hope it's a fuse somewhere. I need help knowing what possible fuses could have gone out. Can any techs or enthusiasts out there help me out? Furnace is gas/oil Coleman Evron:

Model no. Cd5bxc048000aaa

Serial 2893x41755

I have firewood for my kids for a few days, after that it's gonna be mighty cold around here. I posted photos of everything at this album.

Old 11-12-11, 12:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'm not at all familiar with that model but check for a circuit board which may be either in the burner or blower compartment. Many have either a 3 or 5 amp automotive type fuse.