testing non destructive s8610u3009 ?

Old 02-01-08, 09:46 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
testing non destructive s8610u3009 ?

Hi each time my module goes it costs me $500

to exchange it ( 10 years between)

I have bought a spare s8610u3009 to sit and wait.

how can I test that it is good and ready for the next time I need it ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-08, 02:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
S8610

You are paying WAY too much for that module. As far as I know there are no tests you can do prior to putting the control in service.

Old 02-02-08, 04:06 PM
thanks I know ,

All the hvac contractors in this city are in league to drive up the price shhhhhhhh
especially when the temp outdoors is - 25C or lower
they have you over a barrel

so I bought one off ebay for 90.

mm can I put the new module in for about 1/2 an hour to test then put back the still good one and wait till it goes?

Old 02-02-08, 05:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
Testing

Yes, you could install then remove it. Naturally that presumes you got some kind of warranty with it unless you just want to check to be sure it will work.

Old 02-05-08, 02:50 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Just guessing, but I'd be very surprised if you were having multiple failures of that ignition control box. In my experience the S8610 is very, very reliable. It's rare to have to replace one, and very unlikely you's have to replace it multiple times.

Old 02-05-08, 07:54 AM
I know even the service guy mentined that

He said the first one had a flaw but the next ones might be affected by what the a/c installers did when they put in the york ac into the lennox furnace. i feel they blew the lennox transformer and then put in a generic one. But someone also hooked up the humidifier to the transformer -- so there is a chance that when they blew the first tranformer they damaged the module and left fluctuating current levels with both furnace and humidifier hooked into a single ac circuit

- cause the chromoterm III never worked quite right either after the ac install -- till I replaced that with a honeywell 8500

This time the lennox guy blew the generic transformer and maybe damaged the module/tstat by putting in a 20 amp fuse in a 2 amp socket (he had the right fuse in his truck was was too lazy to get it )

too much current in the system the next service guy said the module was sparking 3 space three instead of continously

so I have a cross wired lennox york furnace ac combo with a bunch of replacement transformers and possibly damaged T-stat, module and gas valves -- I hope not

proffessional service ?--- maybe I need to get invovled with what they are doing to my furnace before I get blown up!! just like I got invovled with my car maintenance to lower costs and improve quality

I have to get a generic furnace with industry standard parts and not the cheapo contractor bottom price deal that the house builder wnt with-- he sure didn't pass any savings on to me