honeywell mpls, mn 55422 no LED

Old 02-18-08, 06:35 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation honeywell mpls, mn 55422 no LED

new to the board and my family needs heat, My furnace is the no pilot type and has 5 burners and the led indicator on both s8910u hot surface ignition modules i have installed wont give me any led indicators... the burner wont light because the elec. ignitor wont heat up...could it be the ceramic coated rod sensor or are both ignition modules i have bad,,, or could it be the Trial:7sec 3 try (D) card on it? i have other cards that were on top of the furnace and i tried them too to no evail... I am replacing the ground after i post this ...any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

Old 02-18-08, 07:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'm presuming your furnace has a small fan motor --- the inducer motor. Is that turning on and operating?

You need to use an AC voltmeter to see if you have 24 VAC on the common and NO side of the pressure switch when the inducer motor is on. Then you need to verify that there is 24 VAC on the ignition control module input.

The hot surface ignitor wont light up unless all of those factors listed above are operating properly.

Old 02-19-08, 02:11 AM
Could you post the Mfr's name and M/N for this unit?
Pics would be helpful too.

Old 02-19-08, 04:34 AM
B
Hello everyone, i am waiting on the multimeter to arrive here shortly.. in the meantime it is a 3E463A Dayton Fueltrimmer Thank you so much for helping

Old 02-19-08, 04:37 AM
B
the inducer motor and main blower both kick on,, the smaller first then the second later , i have been pulling the breaker in my fuse panel first then I cleaned the sensor rod with a file then changed the ignitor with the old one left there for a spare ( presumably) and I installed a ned ground it was rusted and burnt and fell off in my hand while inspecting it,, i have no idea how to post pics on here,,have digital camera just need direction

Old 02-19-08, 05:50 AM
B
Ok i do not have 24 volts into the control module input, nor do i have it at the pressure switch or on the switch on top of the small motor... now what?

Old 02-19-08, 07:39 AM
B
Ok I figured it out,, the small nylon cert that the pressure swtich vaccuum hose attached to was broken at the base and wasnt providing enough vaccumm for the switch to close,,,i simply sucked on it and crimped the hose with my fingers and she lit! it had broken before i see and someone glued it back in place. Thanks for all your help guys. Barler

Old 02-19-08, 08:42 AM
B
ok guys i took a 1/4 inch brake line compression fitting and removed one side of it and threaded it forcefully into the plastic blower housing then attached a small piece of 1/4 brake line to the compression side and attached vaccuum hose to he pressure swich a whalla! thanks again

Old 02-19-08, 03:48 PM
Change the batteries in your thermostat?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: