adjusting flame in simple gas heater

Old 02-24-08, 06:09 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
adjusting flame in simple gas heater

I have a gas wall heater that is very old and recently had a new Robertshaw 710 series valve installed along with a thermostat.
Before I had to turn the gas on by hand and was able to adjust the flame.
Is there a way to make the flame smaller? I was thinking the pressure regulator but did not want to mess with it until I asked some experts. The only other adjustment is the pilot light but that is fine.

Thanks
Tom

Old 02-24-08, 06:45 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedyts49 View Post
I have a gas wall heater that is very old and recently had a new Robertshaw 710 series valve installed along with a thermostat.
Before I had to turn the gas on by hand and was able to adjust the flame.
Is there a way to make the flame smaller? I was thinking the pressure regulator but did not want to mess with it until I asked some experts. The only other adjustment is the pilot light but that is fine.

Thanks
Tom
You said you had it installed?? By whom? If a dealer I would call them back to set the pressure and check the input. I wouldn't advise this a DIY job.

Old 02-24-08, 07:17 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had a general contractor do it and i even asked if the flame could be made smaller but he said no. I got the impression that he did not know everything there is to know about heaters.
I was more interested to see if it was possible to regulate the flame by adjusting the pressure.
I don't like to mess with gas but like to know as much as I can more for my own sake.

Old 02-25-08, 12:41 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Yes the flame will change as the pressure is setting is changed. Try calling your local gas co and see if they will send a tech out. Don't be to specific on hte phone. Maybe just say you need a relite, and then ask the tech to check the manifold pressure and clock test for input. Would be nice if they have combustion analyzers also.
I wouldn't use the heater until it is checked out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: