Fan Off Or Auto

Old 02-27-08, 03:33 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Fan Off Or Auto

We have a gas pack system, I think. It is the sytem that heats the water with natural gas and heats with the water. Anyway, my husband says that the fan should stay on all the time to circulate the warm air and I say it should stay on auto as the fan running all the time would cause the electricity bills to increase significantly. So who is right? Would the cost of running the fan all the time out weigh keeping the thermostat up higher and the fan on auto? Please help. Jen

Old 02-27-08, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hummm...
I'm a bit confused with your explanation of your system. You write about heating water and you also mention a fan.

Anyway, I will assume that you mean a forced-air heating system, the one where you have registers throughout the house delivering warm air into the rooms.

The fan should be put on AUTO, especially during the heating months, else when in ON it will run on high speed (which is appropriate only for the summer) and you'll feel the chills b/c it will be delivering air into the rooms non-stop, whether the furnace is firing or not, and when not firing, the air will feel uncomfortably cold.

wife - 1
husband - 0

no surprises here...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: