Carrier Furnace Won't Turn On-Please help!

Old 02-27-08, 09:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Furnace Won't Turn On-Please help!

I have Carrier residential furnace with control board HH84AA009. The unit does not turn on at all. I have checked the thermostat and it is OK. The 24V transformer puts out 24v. I suspect the control board is shot but there is no way to confirm. Before purchasing a new control board I wanted to check to see if there was a way to confirm the failure. Could there be anything else that's preventing the ignition process to kick-in?

Thanks in advance for the help

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-08, 03:41 PM
Carrier Furnace

I also have a carrier furnace and had this same problem two weeks ago. My unit is a #58SSB. I have no idea if the units are the same, or if carrier has similar systems but...

What got mine started again is what Carrier calls a temperature activated safety switch. It sits on the right-hand side at the very top inside the unit. There is a single wire that connects up to it, so it looks like a terminal, not a switch. When I reached my finger up on top of it I could feel a button, pushed it down and bingo!

Good luck and let me know if this works.

Old 02-29-08, 05:44 AM
Most of the time you can check a board simply by checking if it has the proper voltage going into it and on a call for heat if it has the proper voltage coming out.