Quaker/furnace,needs help please???

Old 03-06-08, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Quaker/furnace,needs help please???

PLease can anyone help me??? I have a older furnace, and cant even find info on it! Problems, pilot light will not stay lit. replaced thermo thing and still as soon as i let up on the nob the gas stops and light goes out!!!live in a very small town and have few choices for professional help!

Last edited by holdenneedshelp; 03-06-08 at 02:12 PM. Reason: need answers
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-08, 02:24 PM
can anyone help please???

I am freezing!!!

Old 03-06-08, 03:07 PM
I apologize that no one replied sooner but please keep in mind there is no one continuously monitoring these forums. I understand that your lack of heat is frustrating but by you posting multiple posts will not get your questions answered any sooner as this website is run by volunteers looking to help others.

Since your pilot won't say lit after replacing the thermocouple there is likely another problem.

How is the pilot flame when it is lit? The pilot should be blue hitting the top third or so of the thermocouple. If it is not, the pilot orifice either needs to be cleaned out or replaced.

If it is blue and hitting the top third of the thermocouple, the problem is likely a bad gas control valve (the part that has the OFF, ON, PILOT).

Since neither of these items are likely found by a homeowner (on a timely basis), I recommend calling your supplier (if it's propane you are using) or a third party heating contractor (if it's natural gas you are using).