Gas valve replacement for W.R. 36E97-201

Old 03-10-08, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas valve replacement for W.R. 36E97-201

Hi,
what gas valve replacement can be / should be used for
WR 36E97-201 ( Intercity Products p/n 1585987).

Present gas valve (16 years old) still works - it is in Intercity Products GUI Series - Model GUI100AO12FIN (Comfortmaker RPJ / II ) nat. gas furnace.

I could not find much information from White Rodgers web site.
I did find Heil Quaker 1585987 as listed replacement (on the internet) but the gas valve seems to look different .

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-08, 08:39 PM
From the Janitrol/Goodman site:

Search for 36E97-201 returned the following item(s):
Description of Model Number Searched:
24V Main-Regulated Slow Open Manual Gas Knob Solenoid Line Valve

Suggested Replacement: None

White-Rodgers has no suggested replacement for this item. You must contact the manufacturer of the equipment it was used on for a suggested replacement or retrofit.

Descriptive Comments or For Whom Made:
Inter-City Products

Consumer Affairs Address
7401 Security Way
Houston, TX 77040

To speak with a Heating and Air Conditioning Consumer Affairs Representative from within the United States, please call 1-877-254-4729.

OR

Contact Us Online:
http://www.goodmanmfg.com/Home/About...6/Default.aspx

Old 03-10-08, 09:04 PM
Thank you for the information.

I did find the same or similar info on W.R. web site.

I am not sure if the 'goodmanmfg' web site will respond to my question since the furnace was made by ICP. I believe that ICP is part of Carrier ( I do not know that for sure) .

Perhaps someone had to replace that valve in their work experience and can post what they did use as a replacement.

The heating supplier suggested to use the Heil Quacker valve as a replacement - the WR 36E97-201 does not seem to be made anymore.

Thanks

Old 03-11-08, 03:21 AM
Intercity products, Janitrol, and Goodman, are all the same company.

Carrier is to Bryant and Payne, Trane to American Standard

Old 03-12-08, 11:05 AM
Thank you.

Wes

Old 03-14-08, 07:12 AM
Contact customer service at the following e-mail address.
The gas valve you're looking for is still a good part (is not obsolete). Tell them in which state you live and they will give you a bunch of names/addresses/phones of places that would sell the gas valve for your furnace.

GP CAR ICP Consumer Response (ICP) [[email protected]]

If you live in NJ NY PA CT or DE, I have names/numbers you could call. Just let me know.

Old 03-14-08, 05:50 PM
Hello again,

thank You for your response and your advice.
I have read a number of your posts ( other threads) and appears that You a very knowledgable and helpful person and I read ( and keep reading) your posts with great interest.

My knowledge in HVAC is somewhat limited even that I took classes for 6 months heating and 6 months AC, and then additional class to learn enough to pass the test to be EPA Certified for handling the refrigerants ( I got the "Universal" certification.
Some of my classmates actually started working in this trade ....... I just took the classes to learn something for my self and I am not planning to practice this trade.

My furnace is getting old ( same as I am) and I am sure it will require some parts before too long ..... or perhaps it will need to be repalced.
Every so often I see on ebay some parts that are reasonable in price ( some new, some used) and can be used in my furnace - that is why I did inquire about the gas valve.

I did find a local supplier that sells parts to 'do it yourself' .... but the prices are double or triple what I see them on the internet.

I live in Michigan and did find the gas valve in a local "do it yourself' supplier for 170 dol. Since I do not have to have yet .... I will let them keep it until I needed.

Pflor, I do thank You for your help and do appreciate it.

Wes