Oil Burner Won't Shut Off

Old 03-11-08, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Oil Burner Won't Shut Off

MY BURNER WILL NOT SHUT OFF, I CHANGED THE THERMOSTAT IN THE HOUSE HOPING THAT THAT WAS THE PROBLEM. BUT IT STILL DOESN'T SHUT OFF. EVERYDAY I HAVE TO TURN ON AND OFF THE SWITCH TO HAVE HEAT AND HOT WATER. IS THERE A THERMOSTAT ON THE BURNER IT SELF? PLEASE HELP I AM NEW TO ALL THIS.- DIANA

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-08, 09:53 AM
Received 25 Votes on 19 Posts
Where do you live? Terminology and systems are different in different countries and this forum is world-wide.

If the same oil burner provides you with space heating and domestic hot water then most likely you have a boiler with a tankless coil and not a furnace.

Do you have baseboard convectors or radiators supplying heat to your house or is the heat from hot air coming from a grille?

If you have a tankless coil in a boiler then it is normal for the burner to fire even when space heating is not required.

HOWEVER, you may have an extremely serious condition that requires immediate service. You may be able to do this yourself, depending on your skills and toolbox or you may want to call in a professional.

If you can take several pictures, both close-ups and from a distance that allows us to see the entire installation along with providing the manufacturer and model of the various components we can be of at least some help.

Pictures need to be uploaded to a photo hosting site and then the URLs posted here.