Gas line in contact with speaker wire

Old 03-16-08, 02:56 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas line in contact with speaker wire

Can any gas guys/gals out there tell me whether regular insulated speaker wire can be in contact with copper gas line? I am wiring some surround speakers and the only place to hide the wire is underneath baseboards which currently conceal a gas line leading to a gas fireplace. If I place the speaker wire in there too it will run side-by-side with the gas line for about 20 feet. Just trying to be safe than sorry!

Old 03-16-08, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No problem. Go ahead.

Old 03-16-08, 03:43 PM
M
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
The only problem I can think of......how do you explain Elvis' voice emitting from the fireplace

Old 03-16-08, 06:07 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by sickofmice View Post
Can any gas guys/gals out there tell me whether regular insulated speaker wire can be in contact with copper gas line? I am wiring some surround speakers and the only place to hide the wire is underneath baseboards which currently conceal a gas line leading to a gas fireplace. If I place the speaker wire in there too it will run side-by-side with the gas line for about 20 feet. Just trying to be safe than sorry!
not an expert on gas line or speaker voltage, but i have seen sparks from the pos. side of a speaker wire. if i did it, I would like an extra layer of insulation such as plastic tubing or ???.

I think Elvis coming out of the fireplace with the flames would be nice??!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: