York Furnace Not Starting

Old 01-02-09, 08:58 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem solved-Phasing 24 volt error

I am relived to finaly get my friends furnace back to 100% proper working condition. My thanks to all that helped me out in this mess.

Solution:
The new board supplied to us by source 1 -(which I have no idea of whos to blame be it source 1 or emerson or york)
The new board fits 100s of furnaces depending on the technician to figure out how all the wires should be attached to the new board. Their wiring diagram that they sent is the same for every board (remember this board fits 100s of different furnaces). They also sent 3 different wiring harnesses with NO EXPLANATION of which models of furnaces might need this rewire or new harness. Upon installing the new board new problems jumped up. No fan on old board and fan to soon on new board with the twinning 24 volt phasing error. (red light blinks fast).
Thanks to one of the members here at do it your self.com and after testing every part of the furnace and tring several different things -------the problem was the transformer 24 volt wires had to be switched. So be carefull not to put a 110 volt to the 24 volt side. My furnace was labeled very well so I traded places with the black and blue wires on the 24 volt side. Keep in mind I did not move or unhook these while removing the old board. Furnace now works great. Who ever makes these boards --you owe me 3 days labor.
Thanks to all for the help-God Bless You

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-09, 09:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hello Stormtrooper---

I would recommend starting a new thread. When more than one person's difficulties span multiple posts in the same thread, it rapidly becomes difficult to keep things straight.