Defective Honeywell S8600M?

Old 04-17-08, 05:46 PM
Defective Honeywell S8600M?

I have an old Raypak Versa natural gas spa heater (model C-335B). I just replaced the ignition control with a Honeywell S8600M and the gas valve with a Honeywell VR8304K. The S8600M is stamped í90 second startí on the case. On a cold start, the pilot lights and the spark goes out but the main burner doesnít come on and the pilot shuts off, all over a period of 24 seconds. If I immediately retry the sequence, the main burner will light on the second or third try which leads me to believe the ignition control is cutting out prematurely and the sensor isnít getting hot enough on the first try. Is this a faulty ignition control, and/or is there any way to extend the time the pilot is on? Or is this a different problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-08, 07:08 PM
sounds like you have a grounding problem. Erratic control operation is usually a grounding problem. Run a direct wire off the ground/tr terminal to anything that is soled on the heater. Preferable on the burners themselves.

Old 04-18-08, 06:34 PM
Thanks for responding. I did a new ground attachment with the install, but just in case I went back and did another to the burner. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. Any other suggestions appreciated...

Old 04-28-08, 05:06 PM
Look Here

Here is a good diagram of the setup
http://www.air-n-water.com/manuals/y8610u6006manual.pdf

I am in the same state you are in, but not getting the 1ua after pilot lights.
I replaced the igniter, am betting I need to adjust the spark wire

Old 05-10-08, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the input. Turns out it was a bad high tension spark wire...