WeatherKing furnace wont light!

Old 04-24-08, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
WeatherKing furnace wont light!

I have a weatherking furnace thats only 3 years old. I came home to a chilly house last night to find that it would not light. the blower goes for a short while and its getting power, but no flame(it does not have a pilot light) I think one of my sons might of been playing around and turned teh gas off to it. I followed the instructions on how to reset it but, i still dont have a light. please help. Thanks Billy(chilly in Wisconsin)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-08, 03:00 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Set the thermostat to call for heat, and then watch the furnace. It's best to remove the inspection panel, but you can peek through the louvers. You should hear the small blower come on, then, after 15 or so seconds you should see a reddish glow from the hot surface ignitor. Then the main burners should come on and light. The HSI goes off and after the furnace warms up, the main blower will come on.

Let us know how far down the chain the furnace goes before failing.

Old 04-24-08, 03:02 PM
Please post the full M/N of this weatherking furnace

Old 04-24-08, 04:13 PM
I turn the setting to heat, to a temp higher than it is. The furnace blower kicks on, but there is no glow. no lighting of the heating elements. just the blower going for a short time before it turns back off again

Old 04-24-08, 05:49 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
It sounds like the HSI (hot surface ignitor) is bad. If you have access to a voltmeter, set it to 120 volts AC. disconnect the HSI and connect the meter to the end of the connection coming from the circuit board. Run the furnace and, after the blower has been running a while, you should see 120 volts pop up on the meter. If it does, replace the HSI. If no voltage it may be a bad circuit board.

Old 04-24-08, 07:21 PM
He could indeed have a defective glow coil there, but the fact that he mentions a blower kicking ON (possibly the inducer blower...though the furnace blower is the one mentioned), an open limit switch is also a possibility.

Where's the full M/N for this furnace?

Old 04-25-08, 04:33 PM
the model number is:
rcba-245-7gg17xi
serial number is:
t490400752

thansk for the help! the company said they would replace the part but not cover the cost of labor. which is stupid because i wouldnt need the labor if the part hadnt failed. it cant really afford $500 in labor.

and as far as teh blower kicking on, i dotn know what blower it is. i didnt even know it had more than one. my knowledge of furnaces is limited to udjusting teh thermostat.

Old 04-25-08, 08:17 PM
Originally Posted by gandalfthewhite View Post
and as far as teh blower kicking on, i dotn know what blower it is. i didnt even know it had more than one. my knowledge of furnaces is limited to udjusting teh thermostat.
In such case, some pictures will really help us help you. You may want to consider taking and posting some

Old 04-26-08, 09:35 AM
Thumbs up thats for all your suggestions!

well its funny you should say something abuot pictures. I went downstairs to take some to email my call for advice handyman...(my brother that is) after i took some pictures i decided to try and restart it one more time, so i turned the gass back on, than the power and than poof it worked...weird. im having the man who intalled it come and look at it just to be on teh safe side, its supposed to get into the 40's tomorrow and i have a 2 and 3 year olds. again thanks for the help