Boiler parts source???

Old 11-15-00, 04:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi, I have been struggling to find repair parts for my American Standard oil-fired boiler. In particular, I need either a pump (Sundtrand J2CB 100 5) or an entire burner (Arcoflame DH-5). I have had no luck finding a source. (I would prefer to replace the whole burner due to its age.) I do have professional help to do the labor, but we can't find a source for parts. The local Am Std dealer won't sell a part without a service call, but I know exactly what I need and just want to purchase the parts. Thanks in advance for any leads!

Old 11-15-00, 06:09 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Try your local heating and air conditioning supply house, if they'll sell to the public. They're are many pump replacements on the market that will work. All oil pump mounts are the same. You need the following information to get a replacement: 1. Right or left mount. 2. Rotation 3. Rpm's. Have you tried cleaning the filter screen in the pump itself? This is the usual problem with sunstrand.. Remove the bolts on the back of the pump, remove the cover and there will be a screen that surrounds the pump. If it is real dirty, it is probably why it won't pump the oil. You'll need to make a gasket to put back together.

[This message has been edited by fjrachel (edited November 15, 2000).]

Old 11-15-00, 07:46 PM
Visiting Guest
fjrachel-
Thanks. I have checked with the local supply house (Grainger), and picked up what was supposed to be a replacement pump. The bolt pattern is the same, but the shaft is about 3-4 inches longer on my old pump than the new one. The new one doesn't come close to reaching the drive end of the "squirrel cage". The pump seal developed a leak, and unless I can find a new seal I'll have to replace it (already tried Sundstrand and Furnaceparts.com). Any other suggestions?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: