Water Boiler Pressure to high 21psi!

Old 11-16-00, 05:36 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Came home tonight to find my hotwater baseboard making strange sounds. Checked the boiler and the pressure was up to 22psi. I bleed off some pressure via the relief valve and it is currently around 15 psi. When i did this at first a some steam came out and then water right after. I tried this again about 20 min later and water came out again but the pressure would not go down any more. Currently I have the burner off. Should I bleed off more pressure/water? What could be the cause of this sudden occurance?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-00, 06:23 PM
fjrachel
Visiting Guest
Sounds as though your system is air bound. Check your automatic water feed. It may be clogged or broken. You should never get steam out of a hot water boiler. If a by-pass was installed with your auto feed, by-pass it and bleed your whole system.

Old 11-18-00, 07:03 AM
Visiting Guest
Too much pressure,
If the pressure is climbing up real fast you have NO Air ir the compresson tank.The releif valve will go off when it hits 30.
Having air out the releif is not good. The pressure gage(altimeter) could be bad.
The relief valve being able to open shows it is safe as far as the pressure. The releif valve should be set to go off at 30psi.
Getting air in the boiler, What temp is the boiler set at. Design is 180 deg.
Noise sounds like water would be air in the system. Vent the baseboards or radiators.

Good Luck
Mr Foster