Cenitch

Old 05-25-08, 08:09 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cenitch

I have a programmable thermosat with a forced hot air gas furnace. In the morning around 5:00 when the thermostat switched from sleep to wake, I hear a sheet metal vibration for about 3 seconds. This happens between 30 a 60 seconds. Today when it happened I increased the sleep thermostat setting from 65 to 70 degrees and the furnace turned on with no more vibrations. I forgot to check the red LED code but I will tomorrow morning if it happens again. A neighbor said that I may have a thermostat problem since the Honeywell thermostat is about 17 years old.

Gene Cenitch

Old 05-25-08, 03:04 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
A thermostat is just a switch, basically. If the furnace rattles, then it's your furnace. I'd just go down to that furnace and run it repeatedly and see where it rattles. You could merely have coincidences going on that make you think the sleep timer and all that with the old stat has something to do with it. You may have an out of balance blower wheel, for instance.

Old 05-25-08, 08:10 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Sounds like cheap sheet metal! The instaler might have used like 28 gauge when they should have used 24

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: