Contol board fuse blows?

Old 09-09-08, 09:00 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Contol board fuse blows?

Hello, I have a Day And Night furnace. The contol board burned up at the wiring harness connection. Initially water had dripped down from the A/C coil directly above. So I replaced board and harness. Now the A/C and Blower work. But, when heat is turned on the blower turns on, but the fuse at the contol board blows, when the ignitor should start?

Last edited by gthang; 09-09-08 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Spelling clearification
Old 09-09-08, 01:41 PM
Sounds like something is shorting out.... All wire connection to safety switches, pressure switch, gas valve, and ignitor control all ok?

Old 09-09-08, 04:22 PM
G
Well after bypassing everything. Found the wires to the spark generator crossed. Dah!!!

Old 09-09-08, 06:55 PM
so I take it you got it fixed?

Think that was your problem all along and would not had to change out the parts that you did earlier?

Old 09-13-08, 06:15 PM
A
Exclamation

Please help! I have the same problem, except I have a Carrier Furnace. Water dripped down from the A/C, causing the control board and wiring harness to burn up. Replaced those two, A/C works fine, now the control board fuse keeps blowing when we turn on the furnace. I've double-checked the wiring schematic, along with another person who does heating/cooling repair. Everything seems to be in order, also no wires touching the box. Any suggestions?

Old 09-15-08, 08:43 AM
G
Have you tried to disconnect the spark ignitor or other wires until the fuse doesnt blow.

Old 09-15-08, 08:52 AM
G
Spark but no ignition

I got the control panel to stop shorting out. And the ingitor is working. But now the ignitor sparks but no fuel is getting to the pilot light. I had shut off the valve. Furnace wont light. Any suggestions. Originally, I believe the A/C leaking was the problem, (coils froze solid, leaked when thawed) and when I replaced the wiring harness I crossed the wires to the spark generator. Causing the control board to short.

Last edited by gthang; 09-15-08 at 08:58 AM. Reason: more info
Old 09-15-08, 12:34 PM
Did you check to see if you are getting power to the pilot valve? If not, then trace that wire back to see if it's undone some where.

Old 09-15-08, 05:55 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
And if there is PV power, you may have to remove pilot assembly and check orifice at the far end as maybe something jarred loose from all the work. First make sure you are certain every gas valve is on before engaging further in any work.

If they were on, then shut one off before removing assembly. Pilot holes are extremely tiny, and you do not want to enlarge them by reaming them out with a drill bit. Just air compressor blow it clean or poke it clean with a real fine strand of wire brush.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: