Changed Thermostat but getting constant Heat

Old 09-19-08, 10:15 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Changed Thermostat but getting constant Heat

Hi there, I have an oil fired in-floor heating system with 6 different Honeywell V8043C zone valves. I noticed in the installation guide that they recommend the use of the T86A or T822D thermostats.

I just purchased a couple NOMA thermostats to control some of the zones. Is it possible to use this thermostat?

When I pulled my old Honeywell T822C1124 thermostat off, there was a Red wire going to the R on the thermostat, and a White wire going to the Y on the thermostat.

I tried hooking up the red wire from the wall on the RH and the white wire from the wall on the W on my new the thermostat.

When I did this, it seemed like it would not turn the heat off. I was constantly getting heat passed through the infloor system.

So I put my old thermostat back on for the time being. Should I be connecting the White Wire to the Y on this thermostat? Or not even use it?

Thank You,

Old 09-20-08, 07:14 AM
Very odd that it would be wired to a cooling. (T822C is a cooling stat) Where T822D as stated on the manual is a heating stat.

On the zone valve itself, what wire is hooked up to the letters?

Old 09-20-08, 07:37 AM
P
I was wondering the same thing when I googled the thermostat number. I can't really see where the wires are hooked up on the zone valves. This house was built in 1994 and those are the original thermostats...

Old 09-20-08, 01:13 PM
The only thing I can think of is there any relays between the valve and t-stat?

For kicks, undo the old stat, and leave the wire undone. see if the system fires off... then touch the two wires and see if it stops.

Old 09-20-08, 02:45 PM
P
Thanks.. I think I'll just wait until my next furnace servicing and have it looked at.

Thanks for your help though...
Patrick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: