Ruud Silhouette

Old 10-03-08, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ruud Silhouette

I had to repair the furnace blower brackets. They broke.

During this repair I accidentally pulled the flame sensor wire from it's home. I cannot figure out where it goes! FS is not listed in the wiring diagram.

THEN...I noticed a stick on the duct work that says 'Notice a remote flame sensor has been installed on your furnace. refer to wiring connection label 90-23652-01 located near your control board.'
Well, it's not near the control board.

Where does this connect?
Or...where do they typically connect to?
Does it normally go right to the control board?

I do not see anything on the control board and I cannot locate any connectors that have a wire missing from them.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-08, 04:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most newer furnaces have the flame sensor wire-end plugged into the control board or control module, by a spade connector.

But what is odd is they are up in the larger access panel where the burner compartment is. Not in the bottom compartment where the blower motor is.

Do you have some explanation as to how that wire got disconnected in the blower compartment?

Have you looked on the module or board for any words or abbreviations that are for flame sense? You don't see any empty spades? Never seen one where wire terminates NEAR the control board or module - only ON one. I don't even know what the idea of that would be.

I am also not sure why they call it 'remote'. I am familiar with a "remote" sensor for a thermostat located in another room. So, based on that, I'm trying to figure how this same thing might apply with the flame sensor. Unless the industry considers flame sensors that are not sensed directly by the gas valve (like a thermocouple does), as being remote? And that by bringing the current to the control board or module is remote?, as opposed to the gas valve as being direct?

Is this an updraft furnace where the blower is on the very bottom and the air goes upward through the ducting?

Old 10-17-08, 07:21 PM
Does anyone have any insight as to where this goes?

Old 10-17-08, 07:50 PM
Yes, it's an updraft furnace.
The flame sensor part # is:62-23543-01 (Protech)

Originally Posted by ecman51` View Post
Most newer furnaces have the flame sensor wire-end plugged into the control board or control module, by a spade connector.

But what is odd is they are up in the larger access panel where the burner compartment is. Not in the bottom compartment where the blower motor is.

Do you have some explanation as to how that wire got disconnected in the blower compartment?

Have you looked on the module or board for any words or abbreviations that are for flame sense? You don't see any empty spades? Never seen one where wire terminates NEAR the control board or module - only ON one. I don't even know what the idea of that would be.

I am also not sure why they call it 'remote'. I am familiar with a "remote" sensor for a thermostat located in another room. So, based on that, I'm trying to figure how this same thing might apply with the flame sensor. Unless the industry considers flame sensors that are not sensed directly by the gas valve (like a thermocouple does), as being remote? And that by bringing the current to the control board or module is remote?, as opposed to the gas valve as being direct?

Is this an updraft furnace where the blower is on the very bottom and the air goes upward through the ducting?