Tempstar 7000 fan problem

Old 10-07-08, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tempstar 7000 fan problem

I have a Tempstar 7000 gas furnace that was installed in the mid 90's. Recently the blower fan has started collecting water. The exhaust is clear and the trap at the bottom of the exhaust is clean and water can flow from there. But it is building up excess water and vibrating terribly when it shuts down. I can't find any place else for the fan to drain. Any suggestions?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-08, 02:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Tempstar 7000

If you can provide a complete model # I might be able to download a service manual.

Other than checking slope of the pipe & making sure there are no obstructions, I can't be of much help.

Old 10-08-08, 06:52 PM
Tempstar model and serial

Any help is appreciated. If there is a location I can get the manual I would also be interested. I just haven't found them yet.

Model NUGK075DG08
Ser L930159583

Old 10-09-08, 03:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Question

I just re-read the original post & have a question. When you say "blower fan", are you referring to the exhaust fan or the fan which circulates air thruout the house?

Old 10-09-08, 06:49 AM
Tempstar 7000

Its the Exhaust fan.

Thanks

Old 10-09-08, 03:52 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Well, you have fan problems at the least. You have to fix that fan. Sometimes you can take off these fan motors and then lay it down on the ground and take the fan housing apart in halves and ad-lib repair it somehow so the blade gets back on the shaft. Othertimes, the blade has warped and as the blade rotates, it scrapes on the housing. In that case you need to see if you can get ahold of another fan blade. Unfortunately, for people that do not know furnace guys, the way I do, sometimes (usually, actually) you can't even just get another blade, and have to buy the entire fan motor, unfortunately.

What I would do if I were you is to call around first before touching it and seeing if you can even get a blade for it, or if you have to buy an entire motor. You could try calling up some small furnace repair guy from the yellow pages that maybe lists his name and phone number and that is it. Some of these guys save parts and would maybe sell you a blade if he had one. Anyway, check out what is available to you first, and their costs so you do not get taken. I beleive these units cost like about $100.

THEN, when you know where you can get what, then you might take the unit out and take it apart (some fan halves are held together by like 10 screws, while some are held together by metal clips you pop off. When you reassemble it again, make sure the thin, barely visible countersunk rubber spline-like gasket, inbetween the halves in there is inplace and intact!

As an addtional note, I remember that last year? someone had this problem also of water staying in the fan, and it seemed to me that some issue about how the fan was mounted and where the drain hole was came into play. I don't know if Grady or someone else can recall that post about the person having problem with water collecting in their exhaust fan.