goodman furnace will not glow hsi or start

Old 10-13-08, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
goodman furnace will not glow hsi or start

I replaced a hsi on a goodman 125,000 btu lp. furnace. I have voltage to the hsi and have jumped all the sensors that I know about. The red light on the circuit board is in a constant on and not flashing. The exhaust fan comes on and the circuit board sends power to the hsi and within 5 seconds or so the entire system shuts down and you need to turn power off to reset. I have also checked the outside exhaust and there seems to be no thing in the pipe and the exaust is strong. I also cleaned the condinsate drain or the small plastic container on the side of the furnace. I do not know where or what to check. Please let me know.

John

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-08, 05:06 PM
Temporarily Suspended
The circuit board can be bad. I had to change one once. The only problem is, I don't remember how I diagnosed it.

Old 10-13-08, 05:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Did the old HSI behave the same way, and that is why you replaced it?

Do you hear a gas valve click after the HSI is glowing within the 5 seconds before the HSI shuts back down? Run it and listen. You can also rest your finger tips on the gas valve and feel the click, if one is present.

If there is no click PRIOR to any click sound you may hear as the HSI is dims down, then I'd suspect the board. if there IS a click 5 seconds before the HSI shuts down, then I'd say you have something wrong in the gas end of things.

(I am presuming you are looking in the furnace and never see a burner flame for 5 seconds?)