The oil, hot air, Hallmark ceiling furnace

Old 10-16-08, 05:09 AM
The oil, hot air, Hallmark ceiling furnace

in my shop was previously fed by a central continuous pump system. I want to convert it to feed from a discrete tank, 60 feet away and 10 feet lower than the furnace (add to that; the tank is in an indoors but, unheated location-possibly 10F low temp). It is a Hallmark HSD 140C furnace with a Becket RWB AH-153099 gun. Will this possibly draw the #2 this high and far? Will a two line system help? Might a tiger loop help? If I have to put a pump at the tank, what type of pump might work well here? Can I run it off of a relay switch at the furnace? Might a pump from another burner with the blower removed work OK?

I will be renting in this location through only one heating season, so I want to do this on the cheap. Grady, help me here; I know you have a solution up your sleeve.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-08, 05:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
On the cheap

There isn't a cheap way out unless you can find a used, working supply pump. The least expensive way out is going to involve a two stage pump & 1/2" (O.D.) copper tubing.
Here's a link to Suntec's installation manual.
http://www.suntecpumps.fr/Suntecus/P...ction%20II.pdf

The fuel pump should have some numbers on the label. If the pump is a Suntec & the number begins with a "B", you already have a two stage pump.

Old 10-30-08, 07:15 AM
Thanks Grady

I appreciate your thoughts on this. That makes good sense.