Payne PY1P Gas Valve Won't Open

Old 10-19-08, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Payne PY1P Gas Valve Won't Open

Hi all-I'm a noobie to this site, I am having furnace trouble and need info. on my unit. Great site-BTW! I have a Payne PY1P gas pack (natural), I installed it in Oct.'03 and it has worked fine until yesterday. It's 5yrs. & 2mo. old w/a 5yr. warr.-figures! Turned unit on for heat-no heat-after a couple of hours, checked unit- 5 flashes=ignition lockout. Further inspection revealed upon call for heat: induction motor starts and runs, direct ignition ignitor sparks-no burner. Cycle repeats for 15 min. then unit lockout. It appears that my gas valve is bad or the controls to the gas valve are bad. Further inspection revealed: with main power to unit, I have 24.9 VAC coming out of transformer, 28VAC at gas valve leads when the ignitor is sparking & 3.3VAC at gas valve leads when ignitor is NOT sparking. Either my IGC (p.circuitboard) or my gas valve is bad. Any ideas are appreciated! Roger
Gas valve is WR 36F22-210
Board# is-1068-83-114A

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-08, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hey Roger...sounds like you are on the right track - my guess would be the valve is the problem, if the IGC was an issue would probably wouldn't get the error code. I have a PY1P-B that just stopped working as well. I think mine is a "Induced-draft motor fault" based on the 6 flashes I get.

How did you know you had a 5yr warranty? Did you purchase that or is it included with the unit? I ask because the previous owner installed mine (5yrs and 1 month ago) and I don't have any documentation of a warranty - just a receipt.

Anyway, good luck and let me know the resolution.
Thanks,
Guy