Goodman Furnace won't ignite

Old 10-20-08, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Goodman Furnace won't ignite

I have a Goodman GMS90904CXA Furnace, when I switched my thermostat to heat yesterday ,the vent fan came on but not the igniter. I checked the unit and it was flashing 3 times. I shut it down and did the restart procedure, same response(vent fan runs continous and led blinks 3 times), Any ideas?

Last edited by usgs2; 10-20-08 at 03:52 PM. Reason: checked unit again same response
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-08, 04:20 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
There should be a code either on the ignition control module(if you have one of the enclosed plastic box type) or somewhere in your furnace, that tells you what each number of blinks mean.

Even if you find the code, you do not necessaruily replace the part it mentions. Often the problem is in the circuit or function regarding that part, but not necessarily that part, just so you are aware of that.

If no ignition process even tries to begin (which is the next function after the exhaust fan that is coming on for you), then your furnace has not proven proper drafting from the pressure switch.

IF the ignition process begins, the drafting thru the furnace likely has been proven, but then you have some other failure as to why there is no ignition; such as no spark, or no glow of a coil, or no pilot coming on.

Check to see if you find the code. And also tell us what form of ignition the furnace uses (direct spark to burner, spark to pilot, or HSI (hot surface ignition glow coil).

Old 10-20-08, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the info, I found a similar problem someone else posted and the 3 code indicated a pressure switch. I removed both tubes to check and found a Spider and nest clogging the one tube. I removed it and tried again,Working just fine.Thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.