Honeywell V8280 replacement part

Old 10-22-08, 05:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell V8280 replacement part

Currently I have an old (late 60's early 70's) Lennox G3 furnace in my house. Upon cleaning and inspection I found it has a Honeywell V8280 gas valve (that leaks like a sive) in it. I have contacted a few individuals in regards to getting this valve replaced and everyone says that there are no replacement parts for this valve, is that true. Everyone just recommended to replace the entire furnace instead. That would be a great thing to do, only I do not have the $$$ set aside to purchase and install an entire new furnace as of yet. This particular furnace is an upstairs only system and rarely runs since the brand new downstairs high efficiency system truly takes care of most. Any ideas of where to get this replacement part? I don't want the house blowing up....at least not while the kids, wife, dogs or me are there.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-08, 07:32 AM
Received 25 Votes on 19 Posts
When I do a Google for that valve all I get are links to lawsuits. My Honeywell manual (circa 1980) doesn't have that particular valve but I'm pretty sure there is some retrofit model. I need to know several things including is this application using a standing (continuous burning) pilot, what size are the pipe connections and is this a millivolt system?

Posting a few pictures might help.

To post pictures you need to first upload the pictures to a photo hosting site such as photobucket.com or villagephotos.com. and then post the public URLs for the pictures (or album) here. More pictures are always better than fewer. Please have CLEAR pictures and have both close up pictures and ones from a far enough distance that we can see how the various parts are interconnected.

Old 10-22-08, 07:54 AM
What info I currently have...

Honeywell V8280 regular 24v gas valve B1003 3 1/2 NOM IE4. It is a constant burning pilot. I will try to get some pics and further information tonight.

Old 10-22-08, 09:53 AM
http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=gv

Something such as this will work. You must set the pressure after install. Could you call your gas co and have them do start up for you?
You may want to shop around for pricing.