amrstrong propane furnace won't ingnite

Old 10-23-08, 06:31 PM
amrstrong propane furnace won't ingnite

working on the sisters furnace I replaced the igniter after installing it this is what it was doing before ST exhaust blower kicks on 2 nd igniter lights pilot stays on a minute but the gas valve doesn't open and then pilot igniter shuts down no gas looking around her furnace room I see someone has replaced the gas valve before the furnace is about 10 yrs old any help thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-08, 09:01 PM
Upvotes Received: 16
Please rewrite your question using capital letters, periods and other punctuation. Please also spell out words rather than using abbreviations that we do not understand.

Old 10-24-08, 03:03 AM
correction made to post

working on the sisters furnace .I replaced the igniter . After installing it. this is what it was doing before .1ST exhaust blower kicks on, 2 nd igniter lights pilot stays on a minute but the gas valve doesn't open and then pilot igniter shuts down. looking around her furnace room I see someone has replaced the gas valve before the furnace is about 10 yrs old . What would cause the furnace not to ignite ? any help thanks

Old 10-24-08, 03:56 PM
If I understand correctly, you have electronic ignition that ignites the pilot, then the pilot ignites the burners. Please confirm that this is the case.

Also please advise whether or not you are handy with a multimeter as you will likely need it to diagnose the problem.

looking around her furnace room I see someone has replaced the gas valve before the furnace is about 10 yrs old .

Do you mean the gas valve was replaced before the furnace was 10 years old? OR The gas valve was replaced and the furnace is currently 10 years old?

Please use proper grammar in your posts. Just because you know what you are talking about doesn't mean everyone else will:

Old 10-25-08, 07:07 AM
found the problem clogged gas nozzle