cold boiler in the morning

Old 11-02-08, 08:19 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cold boiler in the morning

my oil-fired boiler is a vaillant f75-w-7,with a wayne 365-021 burner,a honeywell l8124a c aquastat set at 160 degrees f ,and a honeywell r8184g 1286 primary control. The 4 grundfos zone pumps and thermostats have their own power source from the boiler.The problem is that the boiler that the boiler has run well since 1995,till 2007 ,now it will run for hours ok ,then drop below the set temp and be cold usally at night.I had a professional her who did replace the oil filter adjust the contacts ,check the pressure in the pump all was ok,yet the problem persits ,I no longer heat domestic water with this unit We have a electric tank.If you are there when the call for heat comes on the pump will eject oil into the firebox ,but not ifire up unless you turn the power switch on/off to thje aquastat,Iv'e changed this switch out the problem stll occurs.I need a dependable heat source

Old 11-03-08, 06:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Oil Burner

You could have any or a combination of several problems. You say it will inject fuel but does not ignite so we can eliminate the motor, pump, & controls. That leaves us with the ignition system, air mixture, & the nozzle.
Did the servicer replace the nozzle & flush the fuel system well?
The electrodes could be worn, out of adjustment, or the porcelain cracked.
The ignition transformer could be weak.
The air could be set incorrectly.

I've never heard of that model Wayne burner. Are you sure that number is not a Vaillant number? A picturer of the burner, particularly from the pump side, might help me determine the model.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: