Problems with my coleman 7710-856 heat exchanger?

Old 10-27-08, 10:27 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Problems with my coleman 7710-856 heat exchanger?

Me and my family were getting headaches and sick alot when one of our friends told us it may be carbon monoxide poisoning. So i called the gas company and he came out and said our heat exchanger is cracked. So no one has actually looked at it, I was just wondering what other possible problems could it be. Also i talked to a A\C repairman and he also said the same thing without even looking at it. I dont want to fork out 3 to 4 grand over something that could be fixed.

Old 10-27-08, 03:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Cracked Heat Exchanger

How can anyone say "the heat exchanger is cracked" without ever looking at it? I can understand it "might be" or even "probably is" but to declare it cracked without testing or examination is unprofessional, at best. Did the guy from the gas company leave the furnace in service?

Here's a link about a Coleman inspection/recall but I don't think your furnace is included.
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05047.html

If the heat exchanger is cracked (as determined by a competent service person) & not under warranty, the heat exchanger can probably be replaced but it usually costs nearly as much as a whole new furnace, sometimes more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: