Installing a new thermostat

Old 10-28-08, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing a new thermostat

Hi,

I currently have a Honeywell T8090A1056 thermostat. I want to replace this old one with a newer digital one. Which thermostats can I replace it with?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-08, 04:33 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
About every type they sell at home centers are going to work. If in any doubt, ask one of the people who work there, that you need help.

You can choose ones you can program every single day to be different(7 day). Or you can choose one where all weekdays will set the same but you can set each weekend day different from each other (5-1-1). Or one that all the weekdays are the same and the entire weekend can be programmed different(5-2).

Inside many of these are various dip switches that you simply set to your furnace type. Such switches may say gas, elec,. even HP for heat pump. And also you can set what type of temperature swing you want, from one to several degrees. Another switch may be for C = Celcius, and F = Fahrenheit.

Old 10-28-08, 08:37 PM
That's an oldie you got!

Yeah, any thermostat will work. I suggest the Honeywell RTH6300, or RTH7xxx model

Old 10-29-08, 06:29 AM
That's good to know. I was worried a bit because on the Honeywell website, they only listed TH8110U1003, TH8320U1008 and TH6110D1021 as replacements (none of which my local Home Depot had).

I'll probably pick up the RTH7500D to replace it.

Thanks.

Old 10-29-08, 06:34 AM
Yeah, you are not going to find the Txxx model at retails stores. YOu can find them online.

Home Depot just a new touch screen model if you like the ideal of that you now can get them at retails.