nozzle info for oil furnace.

Old 11-03-08, 07:29 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
nozzle info for oil furnace.

I could use a little info pertaining to a nozzle for a home oil furnace. I have a standard oil burner for home heating. It is about a 5 year old Williamson THB 105 DD that puts out about 80,000 btu's. Last year, in an emergency I had to replace the fuel nozzle. Thing was, the burner came with, and the book recommends, the nozzle be a ".75 80A". The hardware store at that time only had a .75 80H nozzle,,, so I took it. Now, when I installed it, the furnace actually seemed to fire up smoother and more quietly. The darn thing seemed to run better with the "H" rather than the "A". Now with winter tune up coming, I kind of don't want to put an "A" back in. Even though it appears to function better with the H, is that ok? Can I use the H or should I get an A? Thinking back over the years, even when new, it ran less than optimal with the A as compared to the H. So, am I doing any harm? Thanks,,,,,,,,,,, BH , Chardon, OH

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-08, 06:11 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nozzles

"A" is one manufacturer's (Delavan) designation for a hollow spray pattern. "H" is used by a couple of companies & "NS" is Monarch's label. All of these nozzles produce a hollow spray pattern. The vast majority of the time they are pretty much interchangable.