Summer-Winter hook up; Turning on heat

Old 11-09-08, 05:58 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Summer-Winter hook up; Turning on heat

I have just purchased a nice two-story twin home with a brand new oil heater with a summer-winter hook up. This was something entirely new to me (have had oil and gas furnaces in the past). I was able to adjust the hot water temperature but I think the manual went out in the trash with a lot of remodeling trash.

My question is this: how do I turn on the heat. Thermostat is set and is new...I know there is a switch on the boiler (a CRown boiler) but don't want to go fooling with switches that may foul something up.

Old 11-09-08, 06:28 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Summer/Winter

It shoud be a simple matter of switching the stat to "heat" & setting it at the temperature you desire. If you go to Crown's web site, CROWN Boiler Co. you can click on manuals to download & print the manual for your boiler. BTW, a tankless coil, if that is what you have, is a terrible way to heat domestic hot water.

Old 11-15-08, 04:29 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
digital abbreviated readout

Many thanks. I know it is there.. but the digital display is in abbreviated 2-letter combinations and while I can switch to it there is a button sequence I'd have to push (I did this when I reset the water temperature). I just don't want to totally mess it up.

I'll try Crown and go from there.
much appreciation for the reply.

Frank

Old 11-15-08, 05:50 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Aquastat

You would be more likely to find a manual on the aquastat on Honeywell's site. Catalog

Enter the number of the aquastat into the product search block.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: