York furnace only 1 of 4 burners will always light

Old 11-12-08, 08:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York furnace only 1 of 4 burners will always light

I have a York gas furnace with a electric ignition. Everytime the 4th burner next to the heated coil will always light. After a few seconds when the other 3 burners will not light the gas shuts off and then the blower will continue to blow.

If I cycle the power (turn on and off) 4-5 times it will eventually light the other 4 burners so the sensor will recognize the heat so it will stay on and heat the house like normal.

The problem is lighting the other burners obviously. Gas valve is all the way open, my filter is new however the problem persists if the filter is there or not. Sometimes when trying it will light 2. It almost seems like it needs to "warm up" to light the other burners. The heat coming from it seems just fine so the amount of gas flowing is sufficient.

Any ideas? Do you need any more information?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-08, 04:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Probably you need either a cross over tube cleaned, individual orifice holes cleaned, and/or burners cleaned. It's sort of self explanatory if you just stare at the type of burners system you have, and how the gas can get to each, and where the trouble might lie.

Old 11-20-08, 08:32 AM
I cleaned the contacts as best I could, but it still isn't rolling from the first burner over all the time. Is there a specific way to clean the burners? A gentle blow and it pulls right over. So the gas flow isn't the problem

Again sometimes it will work but I have this feeling like it's the airflow. It's a York Diamond 80 if that helps anyone