I need help lighting a pilot on furnace

Old 11-14-08, 03:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I need help lighting a pilot on furnace

Can anyone tell me how to light an Amana air command 80 SSE
Furnace pilot? I dont even know where to look.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-08, 05:51 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Old 11-14-08, 05:55 PM
put stat in OFF position.....standing in front of the furnace remove the cover,you will see the main gas valve and the pilot assembly with a silver tube going to it from the gas valve.TURN the dial on the top gas valve from ON to PILOT...now for the lighting of it....you need to reach in with a lit match and pushing down(holding down) on the dial of the gas valve in that pilot position light the pilot.might have to get a match taped to a thin stick,to reach into it.maybe cut a piece of cardboard thin and light it...the pilot should light HOLD the dial down for the count of 30 then let it up and it should stay litTURN the gas dial to ON and reset the stat to heat(leave the cover you first took off) to see if the burner comes up.if it didn't stay lit when you released the dial in the PILOT position you need to call a service tech.that copper line that the pilot hits when it is lit needs replacement. good luck i will check back for the results

Old 11-14-08, 06:51 PM
sminker,

This furnace does NOT have a pilot light.....

Dohaver,

Your furnace does not have a pilot light on this.. Just make sure the gas line is open, and switch on the gas valve is on. Then turn on the t-stat to HEAT, and set your temp.

On the call of heat, the small inducer fan should start up, and about 30 sec, you'll see an orange glow near the burners, and once that get bright orange, then the gas valve will open up and lights the burners.