Modine pilot light

Old 11-19-08, 09:27 AM
Modine pilot light

Sorry for the double post, I inadvertenly put this post under duct work and it is probally better suited here.

I have an old Modine (model 105 p) natural gas fired ceiling hanging furnace in my shop area and want to fire it up for the winter. The gas control valve has 4 settings, off, on, pilot and set? I am familiar with lighting pilots on water heaters and other gas appliances but this control doesn't seem to have a red button plunger to allow gas to go to the pilot to light it to get the thermocouple warm. Where the pilot plunger would normally be appears to just be some sort of solid flat blade screw. Any knowledgeable help would be appreciated lighting the pilot. Also what is the "set" position? Thanks. T J Hornet

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-08, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by TJ Hornet View Post
Sorry for the double post, I inadvertenly put this post under duct work and it is probally better suited here.

I have an old Modine (model 105 p) natural gas fired ceiling hanging furnace in my shop area and want to fire it up for the winter. The gas control valve has 4 settings, off, on, pilot and set? I am familiar with lighting pilots on water heaters and other gas appliances but this control doesn't seem to have a red button plunger to allow gas to go to the pilot to light it to get the thermocouple warm. Where the pilot plunger would normally be appears to just be some sort of solid flat blade screw. Any knowledgeable help would be appreciated lighting the pilot. Also what is the "set" position? Thanks. T J Hornet
I believe on that valve you put selector on pilot and then push depress to allow gas to flow to the pilot. After you have lit pilot hold for about 30 sec, release and put selector on "on"